The Place de Vintimille and the Square Berlioz occupy the site of the garden of the pavilion built before the Revolution by the architect Carpentier, for the Fermier-Général de la Bouxière : the trees of the Place are the remains of an immense park, and the grass plot of the Square is on the spot where a pond used to be. It was in this pavilion that Monroe lived in 1794. The chief entrance was on rue de Clichy.
- Author: admin
- Date Posted: Aug 20, 2016
- Address: 24, rue de Vintimille